NJFSC is a state trade association representing licensed check cashers across New Jersey providing essential financial products and services to all consumers without discrimination.
The Association is the industry’s leading voice on legislative regulatory and business issues and the leading advocate for the rights of consumers to access basic financial services in New Jersey.
About the NJ Check Cashing Industry
- There are nearly 400 licensed check cashing locations, a/k/a/ financial service centers, across the state.
- The industry cashes approximately 10 million checks annually, having a value of between $4 and $5 billion.
- The industry is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance.
Check Cashers Offer Many Financial Services
NJFSC members are continually expanding the roster of services offered to meet customer needs. Current financial services include:
- Check Cashing
- Stored value cards that function as virtual bank accounts
- Money orders
- Money transfers
- Electronic bill payment services
- Electronic tax preparation and filing
- ATM Access
- And much more
Check cashing fees are set by the NJ Department of Banking and are among the lowest in the country.